Proxy using rlm_perl

J E H A N Z A I B jehanzaib.kiani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:17:04 CEST 2018

Thank you Alan.

Just to sum up, we need to define a realm in proxy.conf. After that we can
use it via our perl script like

                        $RAD_CHECK{' Proxy-To-Realm '}         = "
freeradius-2.test.com";
                        $result = RLM_MODULE_UPDATED;
                        return $result;

The above is called for authorize , authenticate and accounting.
  realm freeradius-2.test.com {
       authhost        = freeradius-2.test.com:1600
       accthost        = freeradius-2.test.com:1601
       secret          = testing123
  }

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 4:48 AM Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 10:38 AM, J E H A N Z A I B <jehanzaib.kiani at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for your help. just to be clear so in my perl script i will set
> > something $ RAD_REQUEST_PROXY {'Proxy-To-Realm '}         = "
> > freeradius-2.test.com";
>
>   No.  You set it in the request list.  Not the proxy list.
>
>   The documentation describes in detail what the various lists are fro,
>
> > Does this also means i have to define this realm in the proxy.conf? like
> > realm freeradius-2.test.com {
> >       authhost        = freeradius-2.test.com:1600
> >       accthost        = freeradius-2.test.com:1601
> >       secret          = testing123
> > }
>
>   Yes.
>
> > Is there anyway i can just set these paramters dynamically in my perl
> > script please?
>
>   No.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>

> -