Installing FreeRADIUS from source on macOS

Palvelin Postmaster postmaster at palvelin.fi
Sat Oct 13 16:35:34 CEST 2018

> On 13 Oct 2018, at 16:10, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
> On Oct 13, 2018, at 6:10 AM, Palvelin Postmaster via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
>>
>> I’m trying to follow these instructions with the exception of having openssl already installed via macports. I can successfully install talloc and freeradius like so:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/talloc --without-gettext && make && sudo make install
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freeradius --localstatedir=/var --with-talloc-lib-dir=/usr/local/talloc/lib/ --with-talloc-include-dir=/usr/local/talloc/include/ --with-openssl-lib-dir=/opt/local/lib --with-openssl-include-dir=/opt/local/include/ --enable-developer=yes && make && sudo make install
>>
>> However, executing radiusd -XC gives error:
>>
>> dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/admin/src/talloc-2.1.14/bin/default/libtalloc.inst.dylib
>> Referenced from: /usr/local/freeradius/sbin/radiusd
>>
>> Looks like freeradius is linking against talloc library in the source code directory instead of /usr/local/talloc. I wonder why?
>
>  That's weird.  See the Make.inc file to see which talloc it's linking against.
>
>  I build on OSX every day.  I just install talloc via homebrew, and it just works.

Everything in Freeradius’ Make.inc points to /usr/local/talloc and there’s no reference to /Users/admin/src in any FR source file.

Maybe the problem is with talloc? Weirdly enough, the Homebrew configure options look more or less identical to mine with the exception of a different —prefix.

--
Palvelin.fi Hostmaster
postmaster at palvelin.fi