Post-Auth LDAP with computer names rather than usernames

Hans-Christian Esperer hc at hcesperer.org
Sat Oct 20 14:38:54 CEST 2018

Well, we don't even know yet what the original poster's intention was.

Maybe it can be solved in a secure and a less secure way? Why point out the
less secure way first? All I meant to do was point out that the mac approach
has disadvantages to the original approach, maybe that's something that wasn't
taken into consideration by the original poster.

On a personal sidenode, my original motivation to look into freeradius in the
first place was precisely that I wanted to avoid them portals. =) Not only are
they utterly insecure, they are also incredibly inconvenient if what you want
is a stable and long lived wifi connection...

HC