User-Name return glitch in FR 3.0.17?
Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 4 15:50:45 CEST 2018
> The issue was that the previous code sometimes *didn't* send User-Name when it was required to do so. That's wrong.
>> Adding unlang may fix this for *new* installations, but all existing installations going to 3.0.18 will suddenly experience the same issue that I did originally. Those upgrading would have to do diffs (between .rpmnew and the original) to see what's changed, and that often does not happen. Either way, an upgrade *will* have an effect that is a departure from pre-3.0.17 behaviour.
> Any bug fix is departure from previous behaviour.
> I'll see if there's a fix. But it will have to be done carefully.
Fair enough. :-)
We'll send a PR over for the suggested unlang you posted in April. Apparently it works for all configurations we've tested (ABFAB and non-ABFAB).
Consultant, Trust and Identity
t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.
More information about the Freeradius-Users