Freeradius 3.0.15 x OpenLDAP (auth) x MySQL (acct): Limit Simultaneous Use

Michael Ducharme mducharme at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 06:21:57 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 9/6/2018 6:41 PM, Jon Battista wrote:
> As it stands, I can query how many active connections a User has
> (simul_count_query) from the radacct table of my local MySQL radius DB, so
> now I am trying to figure out how to *set* and *enforce* the Simultaneous-Use
> attribute.
Although we use SQL, we enforced a default value of that attribute in
the users file by adding the following to the end of /etc/raddb/users

# don't allow users to log in more than once by default
DEFAULT Simultaneous-Use := 1
         Fall-Through = 1

Those settings allowed us to set a global default value for
Simultaneous-Use for users who otherwise do not have Simultaneous-Use
defined through a user attribute or a group attribute.