Freeradius 3.0.15 x OpenLDAP (auth) x MySQL (acct): Limit Simultaneous Use

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 8 14:46:16 CEST 2018

On Sep 7, 2018, at 5:47 PM, Jon Battista <jonbattista at gmail.com> wrote:

> All that doc says to do is have SQL in the Session section. It doesn't say
> where to define the Simultaneous-Use attribute.

  Because as I said, it can be set anywhere.

> I have defined the Simultaneous-Use attribute in my Users file like so:
>  DEFAULT LDAP-Group == "Squad"
>   Auth-Type := Accept,
>   Simultaneous-Use := 1

  No, that's wrong.  You can't just invent syntax and expect it to work.  You need to read the comments in the file you're editing.  Or, the documentation for that file.  Or, the debug output. The debug output *will* produce warnings that tell you the above entry is wrong.