WPA2-Entreprise: which certificate to avoid changing Validate server certificate for Windows guest ?

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Sep 11 13:57:51 CEST 2018

Hello,

> Looking at [2], Eduroam's Windows process is much longer and error-prone
> than Android's one
> [2] https://www.cs.ait.ac.th/joomla3/index.php/eduroam-set-up

Those instructions make no use whatsoever of onboarding tools which take
away all that complexity for your users. No wonder it's complicated.

> My goal is simplify this process on Windows machines to the point that
> guests would only have to fill in their login/password after importing a
> file.
> Do you think this can be achieved ?
> If I'm correctly reading your answer, the answer is (unfortunately) No.

Look at https://cat.eduroam.org for how the eduroam consortium is
solving this problem for the member institutions.

Look at https://802.1x-config.org for a non-eduroam clone of this.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--