3.0.17 string escape rules [was: 3.0.17 password ending in '\' problem, LDAP backend [bug?]]

Kostas Zorbadelos kzorba at otenet.gr
Tue Sep 11 15:00:34 CEST 2018

On Παρ, Σεπ 07 2018 at 02:39:30 μμ, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

Hi Alan,

before opening a github issue, I saw yours:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/2299

>   We fixed all of the handling of the backslash character in v3.
>   Before that, it was random and inconsistent.
>
>   Now, the rules are the same as for shells.  Which is what people are
>   used to, and what makes sense.

Have you documented somewhere what is your intended policy with strings?
Does it affect all strings (as in xlat expanded in configuration *and*
string radius attribute values)?

I can see that string attributes get escaped in the debug output as
well, so I guess you un-escape/escape strings in both input and output,
correct?

Regards,
Kostas

--