Antw: Re: EAP-PWD with wrong password

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:37:25 CEST 2018

hi,

Maybe the RFC can be expanded?

good luck with that . ;-)

> It's still a new one and  I think, a lot of people would be happy about
> that
> and would happily deploy EAP-PWD in their eduroam environments ... ;-)
> It's never too late....

whilst the number of clients that support it is low...that didn't stop us -
what did was the
backend requirements and a move to EAP-TLS anyway - along with our
deployment tools not supporting
EAP-PWD for auto-configuration of correct settings on the clients that
COULD do EAP-PWD
(measured on one fish hand....)

[as for EAP-FASTv2 ...... do any of the standard makers even consider how
to bootstrap the requiring
support ecosystem do these things actually get used in large scales and
enterprise environments???]

alan