Freeradius-LDAP module failed to compile

Saurabh Lahoti saurabh.astronomy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:43:50 CEST 2018

Hi,

While compiling freeradius, ldap module failed to build with below error
interpreted with configure:

=== configuring in src/modules/rlm_ldap
(/home/u5496622/freeradius-server-release_3_0_17/src/modules/rlm_ldap)
configure: running /bin/sh ./configure --disable-option-checking
'--prefix=/usr/app/radius'  --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap in /usr/local/lib... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap in /opt/lib... no
checking for ldap.h... no
checking for ldap.h in /usr/local/include/... no
checking for ldap.h in /opt/include/... no
checking for sasl/sasl.h... no
checking for sasl/sasl.h in /usr/local/include/... no
checking for sasl/sasl.h in /opt/include/... no
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ldap.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_ldap requires:  libldap ldap.h.
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating all.mk
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

Which additional package is needed to complete ldap build..?
----

*Thanks & Kind Regards,*
Saurabh LAHOTI.
*Ideas enlighten Innovation**!!!*
Please consider the environment before printing this mail..!!