Is this a job for FreeRadius?

Bret Schuhmacher ultimatebeersnob at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:19:00 CEST 2018

Hi all,

First post... just seeing if I'm on the right track.

I have my router locked down to prevent my kids from bringing unauthorized
devices into the house... I change the router passwords daily and have it
locked down by MAC address.  However, once I give them the daily password
they have full internet access to do homework.  Unfortunately, once they
have the password they seem to be watching youtube and other things instead
of doing homework.

Can I use FreeRadius to limit their access to the Internet to exclude a
list of blacklisted sites until they prove their homework is done and I
flip some bits to make policy changes **PER USER** and allow one child
access to youtube without allowing the other child access?

I feel like I can, but all I'm looking for here is a "yes you can do that"
and I'll keep trying to figure it out - I just want to see if I'm on the
right track.

Thanks,

Bret
--
Bret Schuhmacher | Sr. Solutions Architect | 865.257.9856 |
bits.and.bytes.software at gmail.com