Antw: Re: Additional NDS error messages missing in FR3 ?

Anja Ruckdaeschel Anja.Ruckdaeschel at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Sep 28 09:37:03 CEST 2018

Hi Arran!

That's the answer I was afraid of ;-)

But thank you.
I try to find it in the source and send a patch if I'll manage to do this....

Ciao Anja

>>> Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> 28.09.2018 04:26 >>>

> On Sep 27, 2018, at 4:45 PM, Anja Ruckdaeschel <Anja.Ruckdaeschel at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
>
> Hi there!
>
> With FR2 you could acesss the NDS error messages, e.g.
>
> NDS error: no additional information available (-338)
> NDS error: failed authentication (-669)
> NDS error: login lockout (-197)
> and log them.
>
> In FR3 I still can see them with
> ldap_debug = 0xFFFF

They're probably buried in some random structure.  We get all the errors we can from LDAP using the standard libldap API.

Feel free to send a patch.  The code for v2.2.x is available on GitHub.  I personally have no way of testing NDS integration.

-Arran
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html