seeking info on max.rate supported by dhcp.relay in v3.0.0.19

Katuri, Vikram Vikram.Katuri at viasat.com
Mon Apr 1 08:28:30 CEST 2019

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick response and sorry for the delay in writing back.
I've tested with the increased buffer sizes(in dhcp.relay server and also linux kernel) as below(25 MB) and still the result is same, couldn't go beyond 2000-2500 4 way transactions (CPU of all the cores on my relay server is fully occupied, which I've missed mentioning in the initial mail).

# sysctl net.core.wmem_max
net.core.wmem_max = 26214400
# sysctl net.core.wmem_default
net.core.wmem_default = 26214400
# sysctl net.core.rmem_max
net.core.rmem_max = 26214400
# sysctl net.core.rmem_default
net.core.rmem_default = 26214400

server dhcp.eth1 {
        listen {
                ipaddr = *
                port = 67
                type = dhcp
                interface = eth1
                recv_buff = 26214400

Please advise on further steps/enhancements.
Thanks in advance,
Vikram.