Freeradius vs Security

Alberto Martínez Setién alberto.martinez at deusto.es
Wed Apr 3 15:44:38 CEST 2019

Hi Andre,

I guess that this issue will be marginal at some point but all this years,
and specially with Android, has been indeed a serious one.

Apart from educating people and constantly remind them to use eduroam CAT,
we take one step further and actively, periodically check that the devices
don't automatically trust an "evil twin" / "rogue" RADIUS server. This is
to ensure that every device configuration that passes the check, and thus
is able to use eduroam, will not trust those "evil twins".

Regards,
Alberto