Failed oracle db connection kills the freeradius service

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 4 21:55:22 CEST 2019

> On Apr 4, 2019, at 3:50 PM, R3DNano <r3dnano at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Some of my auth sources are oracle databases via linux odbc.
> At some point, those databases might become unreachable for some external
> reason, freeradius then enters and stays in a failed state, trying to
> stablish the connection.

  That's the way the server is supposed to work.

> Is there a way to just reject the authentication
> if the source is unavailable and prevent the server failure? Is this
> working as intended?

  If you don't want the server to use a module, then you can remove that module from the server configuration.

  If you want the server to use a module, then you should ensure that the module works.  And for SQL, ensure that the SQL database stays up.

  It doesn't make any sense to configure FreeRADIUS to use SQL, and then leave SQL down for days.