Valgrind is reporting memory leak in freeradius 2.2.6

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 5 13:15:04 CEST 2019

On Apr 5, 2019, at 6:20 AM, Dextrous bg <ahmednifaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> The below is the valgrind leak summary for freeradius,
> Its part of our WiFi controller, being used as radiusproxy there.
> The upgrade of freeradius version is out of question due to many reasons
> :-(. Need to fix via patch here or conclude as valgrind reported false
> positives.

  So you're not willing to upgrade to a supported version.  But you want us to track down *again* and fix *again* bugs which were tracked down and fixed years ago.

  No, that's not the right thing to ask.

> Please help, if any known memory leak issue already there.
> Or pls share what are the data structures here which are not properly freed.
> appreciate the support :-).

  Smily faces don't make your request any more appropriate.

  It's open source.  No one is getting paid to help you.

  (a) Install 2.2.10

  (b) fix it yourself

  (c) live with it

  Pick one.  These are your only choices.

  It is really not appropriate to demand that other people work for free when you're not willing to do anything yourself.