Help with external authentication using PHP

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Apr 5 18:20:54 CEST 2019

What I used to do years back is encrypt the password in the Database -
with a reversible key. That is - use a 'password' to both encrypt and
decrypt the password field in the Database. This allows "clear text"
comparison.  If Database  and calling code are on different machines - I
believe that's safe enough.

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496