Unknown username and password matching

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 11 14:52:13 CEST 2019

On Apr 11, 2019, at 2:35 PM, Dan Strong <danstrong_01 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Do you have an example to help? I'mcurrently just getting to grips with Freeradius. I can see the below commented out. Your saying that below I can add my own attributes such as Cisco-AVPair and it will look for this rather than username or password?
>
> key = %{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}

  It will do what the documentation says it does.  Please read the comments in the mods-enable/files configuration, and the "man users" documentation page.

> My question is, under the syntax of the users file. Would I still need users to be present with attributes attached to them, even if username is ignored?

  I have no idea what that means.

  The "users" file is a simple key-value database.  It doesn't know about users.  It knows about keys.  You configure the key as above, and then the key is used for lookups.