Upgrade form 3.0.17 to 3.0.19 and error "Unable to set parent list"

Marek Zarychta zarychtam at plan-b.pwste.edu.pl
Mon Apr 15 12:08:57 CEST 2019

W dniu 15.04.2019 o 00:23, Alan DeKok pisze:

> On Apr 14, 2019, at 5:06 PM, Marek Zarychta <zarychtam at plan-b.pwste.edu.pl> wrote:
>> it looks like after upgrade from 3.0.17 to 3.0.19 successfully
>> authenticated users are rejected in post-auth section with the error
>> "Unable to set parent list". This applies only to users from our realm
>> (self-proxied requests).
>   The debug log you posted doesn't show self-proxied requests.  It shows PEAP, with the "inner-tunnel" virtual server.
>
>   The "update outer.session-state" section works for me.
>
>   Perhaps you can post a simplified description.  Start from the default configuration, and then show what you changed, and what doesn't work.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Thank you for the clue. The issue seems to be resolved. I have replaced
"virtual_server = radius.realm.tld" with  "virtual_server = default" in
the section "home_server localhost" of proxy.conf file and  now "update
outer.session-state" works again for all virtual servers. Proxy was
likely misconfigured or overconfigured, but working fine for a long time.

Best regards,

--

Marek Zarychta