Freeradius Load average

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 25 21:21:11 CEST 2019

On Apr 25, 2019, at 12:54 PM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:

> the problem is that when the load average exceeds the value of 50% we
> received more conflicting packets on radiusLog file
> and our freeradius server starts dropping packets that is why iam asking
> you about this however when we disable detail module we don't receive
> conflicting packets.

  You have likely set up the detail file with "locking = yes".  Change that, and it should help.

  If you don't have "locking = yes", then the problem is just load.  The detail file writer isn't optimized for performance.  It just writes lines to a file.

  This is a common problem with high load systems.  You can't just take a stock config and expect it to do everything you want at 3K-10K packets/s.  You have to understand what it's doing, what you need it to do, and configure it accordingly.