Can FreeRADIUS send non-standard VSAs?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 23:40:46 CEST 2019

On 4/26/19 4:23 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> You're talking to support, not to the crazy engineer who wrote their
> RADIUS client. :(

... while working for Force 10 Networks, 10+ years ago, and has probably
worked for 5 other companies since.

> But if they have ignored the RFC suggestions, it's stupid.  That
> makes it harder for everyone to use their product.

To be fair, I don't actually know that they've done that.  I'm just
thrashing around at this point.  It's entirely possible that the correct
vendor type is 1, and it's not working for some other reason.  (My guess
is that the functionality hasn't actually been in FTOS for years, and
they've just been blindly copying some ancient bit of pre-acquisition
verbiage into every single configuration guide.)