The Unix Radius attributes

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Apr 30 11:37:24 CEST 2019

"Full Name" <nuncestbibendum at excite.com> writes:

>>  And no, the *name* of the attribute is irrelevant.  It doesn't mean
>>  anything.
>
>    I am aware of that.  I was just thinking that, without the FTP,
>    using them for purposes other than FTP would be more elegant. They
>    can, of course, be used with the FTP string just the same.

What purpose?  Do you have an actual use case, or are you reading
dictionaries and trying to figure out something clever they can be used
for?

The attribute name is irrelevant, but the current names will be
referenced in existing configurations.  Changing an attribute name will
cause those configurations to break. It's hard to imagine a use case
making it worth the hassle.  Add new VSAs if you want new names.

Bjørn