Issue with FreeRadius filling up root

Sharma, Nitin shaniti at amazon.com
Thu Aug 1 13:36:49 CEST 2019

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for responding.

I can see below while running radius in debug mode. Not sure if that’s the case.

```
  unix {
  	radwtmp = "NULL"
  }
```

Below is the content of unix file:

```
unix {
	    #
	    #  The location of the "wtmp" file.
     #  The only use for 'radlast'.  If you don't use 'radlast', then
	    #  you can comment out this item.
	    #
 	#  Note that the radwtmp file may get large!  You should
	    #  rotate it (cp /dev/null radwtmp), or just not use it.
	    #
     # Disabled using https://sim.amazon.com/issues/otie-eis-261
		# radwtmp = ${logdir}/radwtmp
}
```

Not sure if this the case behind it.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Sharma

On 01/08/19, 4:56 PM, "Matthew Newton" <mcn at freeradius.org> wrote:

    On Thu, 2019-08-01 at 09:42 +0000, Sharma, Nitin via Freeradius-Users
    wrote:
    > Radius is generating NULL file under / and it keep growing , seems
    > like accounting logs.
    > Can somebody help me know how can I disable it as it is filling up
    > root space over server.

    FreeRADIUS doesn't do that by default.

    > Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

    Look at the debug output and work out where you've configured it to
    write to "/NULL". Or grepping for "NULL" in raddb should also work.

    Of course it's also possible you've configured FreeRADIUS to send to
    syslog, and your syslog daemon is misconfigured.

    --
    Matthew