Linelog fails when attribute does not exist

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 6 13:40:29 CEST 2019

On Aug 6, 2019, at 7:23 AM, R3DNano <r3dnano at gmail.com> wrote:
> What can I do when I have a bunch of attributes on a linelog module and
> some of them are not on the standard dictionaries?

  Add them to the dictionaries.

> Is there a way to default to something and avoid freeradius to crash (well,
> it's just the module what crashes)

  As I said before, it doesn't "crash".  Stop using the wrong word to describe a problem.

> Let me explain: Previously, I asked how can I default to a value in case an
> attribute was empty: That part is fixed.
> Now, I have a bunch (like 50 or 60) attributes on a linelog and some of
> them are not on the standard dictionaries (Those values have been handed
> down to me, so I have no easy way of finding out which device could they
> correspond to)
> Of course, because some of those values are unknown to freeradius, the
> module crashes and it's reject time!
> The log does not specify which specific attribute is the offending one,
> since they are all concatenated with a comma on this fashion:
> "%{%{User-Name}:-},%{%{NAS-IP-Address}:-},%{%{NAS-Port}:-},....."
>
> Appart from finding out which is the correct dictionary and importing it to
> my setup, is there a magic way to say to freeradius "no, if you don't know
> what this attribute is, show nothing, but don't crash"
> Knowing which attribute is failing would be superb.

  Edit the configuration so that it only contains attributes that are in the dictionaries.

  This isn't difficult.   If you add random garbage to the configuration, it won't work.  The solution is NOT to have the server "work around" the garbage.  The solution is to not put garbage into the configuration.