Help using Free Radius for Plain Mac Authentication

Kingsley Bennett kingsley.bennett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 01:27:43 CEST 2019

Hello everyone,

I am a linux newbie.  I have a cisco ACS but want to Start using FreeRadius
for a second SSID.
I know how to set it up on the cisco side but have had no luck setting it
up in FreeRadius.
I Have Ubuntu (I know, such a newb).  I installed the freeradius package.

I don't know how to use the editor and need to modify the confid file to
use the controller IP,
and add subnets.  Then add all the mac addresses in the user file.

I don't need LDAP, EAP, active directory, samba, user name and password.  I
just need to
simply allow if a mac is on the list and deny if it isnt.

does anyone know of a guide that tells me how to do this or can help?

KB