Radiusd hangs on redis cluster failover (sometimes)

Milan Nikolic gen2brain at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 19:27:27 CEST 2019

>   Which adds the "Debug :" headers.  That's why we say "radiusd -X", and
> not anything else.
>   If you want to dump it to a file, do:
> $ script debug.txt
> $ radiusd -X
> $ exit
>   and then send "debug.txt".

So I now did exactly that and still have Debug lines in the log, see here
(you can see what command is started after script in the log)
https://pastebin.com/2nWMBKRM , that is not normal or now there are less
Debug lines as you prefer?
If the path to directory or redirection of output can affect logging than I
must say is not usual behavior and can be one of the reasons why every
thread has a couple of posts where just this is discussed and not the
actual issue.

Is there anything that can be enabled in the config file to get similar
output (for me, not to post to lists)? For such powerful software debugging
looks like the weakest thing. I tried debug_level 1, 2, 3, I was happy that
I can change level "on fly" with radmin tool but all useful information I
can only get with `-X` or `-Xx`. In my case, that means I must stop
service, change config (I use some configs from ENV and it is not enough to
export those because service forks as a user), manually start, find the
issue then change back and start service. Not practical at all in
production.

  If only there was some kind of debug log you could post which shows the
> actual error.  Oh well.  I guess it's a mystery.

Debug log is above, sorry, I had to recompile, I commented out that line,
because I don't want it in detail log, here is what I get:

Fri Aug  9 15:34:48 2019
Module-Failure-Message = "No 'accounting Start' section found: Ignoring it."
Acct-Status-Type = Start
User-Name = "127.0.0.1"
Framed-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
Calling-Station-Id = "06411112222"
3GPP-IMSI = "1111111"
3GPP-IMEISV = "2222222"
Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "䷋E\343Ũk\013:,\250\351o\344X"
Timestamp = 1565364888

Should I add empty accounting Start {} section, is that a must now (didn't
try that, just cross my mind)? What about others, i.e. Stop/Alive, etc. My
"default" site config is very simple and basic, I only use
Accounting-Request/Response and listen.

Thank you,
Milan