Internal vs external proxy server

Artis Caune artis.caune at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 19:41:57 CEST 2019

Hi guys,

Can someone please point me in right direction of why reply attributes gets
deleted from internal proxy reply ?

If I use:

DEFAULT Proxy-To-Realm := "dialup"

realm dialup {
  virtual_server = dialup
}
server dialup {
  authorize {
    dialup_sql_auth
    pap
  }
  authenticate {
    Auth-Type PAP {
      pap
  post-auth {
    update reply {
      &Alc-Subsc-ID-Str := "DIALUP-%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}"

default server gets reply from dialup server but ignore any reply
attributes and returns empty Accept.
I can copy attribute from proxy-reply in post-proxy and see it in radclient
accept.
update reply {
  &Alc-Subsc-ID-Str := &proxy-reply:Alc-Subsc-ID-Str
}

But if i use same config but change dialup from internal to external proxy
it works and I can see all return attributes:

server dialup {
  listen {
    type = auth
    ipaddr = 127.0.0.1