How to Authorize group from AD

Douglas C. Stephens stephend at ameslab.gov
Mon Feb 4 15:22:09 CET 2019

Maicon,

There is additional config you need on the switch.

If you're running IOS or IOS-XE (e.g., on a Catalyst series switch),
you need to add "aaa new-model" and "aaa authorization exec" to your
config.

The latter must include as parameters "group <RADNAME>", where
"<RADNAME>" is either "radius" (to use the sole or default set of
configured RADIUS servers), or is the name of a group of RADIUS
servers defined by "aaa group server radius <RADNAME>".

As you'll see in docs, "aaa authorization exec" can have multiple
ordered authorization sources (e.g., local-then-RADIUS), just like
when you defined "aaa authentication login".

--
Douglas C. Stephens		| Network Systems Analyst
Enterprise Information Services | Phone: (515) 294-6102
Ames Laboratory, US DOE         | Email: stephend at ameslab.gov