Problem with migrating from macOS Server to FreeRADIUS 3.0.17

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Feb 10 19:07:37 CET 2019

On Feb 10, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Stephan Jung <raumerkunder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to migrate a Server from maOS Server Version 5.6.1 (17S2109) to FreeRADIUS 3.0.17 and I have to configure OpenDirectory integration. I am following Apple’s macOS Server— Service Migration Guide | March 2018 <https://developer.apple.com/support/macos-server/macOS-Server-Service-Migration-Guide.pdf> and set up everything accordingly.
>
> The server runs currently macOS 10.13.6 and serves also Opendirectory, but the rlm_opendirectory.dylib is nowhere to be found!
>
> I installed FreeRADIUS through brew.

  Ask the homebrew people why they haven't packaged rlm_opendirectory.

> A) on the step "Configure FreeRADIUS” of Apple’s migration guide

  That guide *also* tells you to build FreeRADIUS from source.  Which you should do.

> Does someone now how to configure this?

  The documentation says how to do it.

> Where these library files come from?

  They are created by building the server, when you follow the documentation.

> How to force macOS to write them?

  Follow the documentation and it will work.