Problem with migrating from macOS Server to FreeRADIUS 3.0.17

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Feb 10 19:46:10 CET 2019

On Feb 10, 2019, at 1:16 PM, Stephan Jung <raumerkunder at gmail.com> wrote:

> So rlm_opendirectory.* are installed through FreeRADIUS? Ok, that helps me already to move forward.

  It's installed by downloading the source code, and building it as per the documentation.

> I checked the github resource of https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server <https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server>, but there were no rlm_opendirectory.* present. Shouldn’t they be there? Where do they come from?

  There *is* a rlm_opendirectory.c file.  That's source code.  When you build the server (as per the documentation), the output is a binary library.

> Where would you suggest asking the homebrew people? Since this should really be included.

  Ask them to include rlm_opendirectory in their package.

  All of this back and forth could have been avoided by reading the documentation and following it.  There's no need to ask the same question on 4 different sites when the answer is already in the documentation.