What is a difference "Auth-Type eap"(with Auth-Type) and "eap"(without Auth-Type) in the "authenticate" section?

Hiroyuki Sato hiroysato at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 01:35:33 CET 2019

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

Does this mean that the following configure are equal until I add
multiline in "Auth-Type" block?
Is this correct?

authenticate {
  Auth-Type PAP {
    pap

authenticate {
  pap
}

If so, I would like to know why mschap require two entries like the following?
I'm not sure "For old names" mean.

authenticate {
  #
  #  MSCHAP authentication.