Client Secret with Backslash

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 20 20:53:34 CET 2019

On Feb 19, 2019, at 3:58 PM, Wingard, Nathaniel (Chapin) <Nathaniel.Wingard at Fiserv.com> wrote:

> While I agree that it is far easier to avoid special characters, I think following the documented rules for escaping strings will prevent issues in the long run. I know it would have saved me a few hours of testing.

  Well, yes.  Inconsistency is annoying.  But it turns out that there are very good reasons for it, internally to FreeRADIUS.

  Given the time frame, I'm inclined to leave it for v3.  It's not critical, in that pretty much no one has complained in 20 years.  But it should be fixed.

  Instead of changing functionality in v3 and maybe breaking peoples systems, it's best to leave this for v4.