AW: Multiple ldap instances - User Group Membership search not done

Florian Sus | indevis GmbH florian.sus at indevis.de
Wed Feb 27 17:37:03 CET 2019

Hi Alan,

thanks again for your time and your suggestions.
I could just finish the first part successfully for authentication our admin users.
Now I will have a closer look into how to differentiate between admin and customer users.
Your suggestions were already very helpful to know in which direction I need to go :)

For everyone having the same problem regarding the LDAP group membership search not working with <instance-name>-LDAP Group == ...
I have found the solution to make that work:
http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2016-August/084503.html

You need to prepend a "&":
if (&<instance-name>-LDAP-Group == "GroupName") {

Best regards, Florian