Deploying FreeRadius against Active Directory

Daniel Wruck daniel.wruck at fbchammond.com
Thu Feb 28 23:12:06 CET 2019

I am plodding along as I set up FreeRadius against Active Directory on a newly installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS box.

My finding is that documentation is sparse or outdated. So I am stuck in winbind somewhere.

Here in https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/1880, at the bottom, @alendekok tell the user to "Follow the guide at http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html". Is this guide still relevant in the Ubuntu 18.04 > FreeRadius v3.0.16 > Samba 4.7.6 days? This guide talks about parameters that do not exist in Samba's out-of-the-box smb.conf anymore? Is there a more relevant guide to FreeRadius 3.0.x integration with  AD LDAP?

Daniel W