FreeRadius 3 OpenLDAP and MAC based Auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 7 15:14:02 CET 2019

On Jan 7, 2019, at 9:07 AM, Jürgen Northe <jn at northe-online.de> wrote:
>>  Did you follow the instructions in raddb/README.rst?  There is detail documentation on how to upgrade.
> It is not an implace upgrade, I use a fresh installation of CentOS7 1810 with all the packages from the distro. The FR2 is running productive until I swich over.

  OK...

> I went through the r2 config and searched for settings I made 7 years ago. Then I searched for the same default values in the FR3 configs and adjusted them with the new settings (IP, hostname, certificate stuff, passwords, ..) . I dumped the LDAP database, copied it to the new server and restored the content.

  Then FreeRADIUS should be able to find the information in LDAP.

> ##### ldap module:

  We don't need to see that.

  We DO need to see the debug output.

  ALL OF IT.

>>  No, that's an *edited* version of the debug output.  You've deleted information which may be important.  Don't do that.
> The only thing I replaced is the company name by "firma" and passwords by xxxxx  the rest 100% is pure the output I got from "radiusd -X"

  No, it's not.

  Read the documentation:  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  That tells you what you should post to the list:

* NOT configuration files
* radiusd -X

  When you ignore the documentation, that's bad.  When you make it hard for us to help you, it means it will take longer to fix the problem.