Proxy FreeRADIUS Monitoring from LB F5

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 7 18:11:54 CET 2019

On Jan 7, 2019, at 12:06 PM, CALMELS, Thierry (SOGETI REGIONS SAS) <thierry.calmels.external at airbus.com> wrote:

> The line 91 contains the user declaration (healthcheckVIP).
> The healtcheck is done every 10s.
> I reversed the check and I think it's better.

  i.e. made a random change without understanding it.

  Thats' bot a recommended approach.

> About other specific attribute, you suggest to use the NAS-IP-Address for example in place of User-Name ?..
> About the usage of virtual server, I saw that the VS do NOT have to be set up with the "sites-available" and "sites-enabled" directories

  Yes.

> meaning the configuration must be moved to radiusd.conf.

  Why?

> Not easy to do that for the time being without validating again the entire configuration.

  It's that hard to cut & paste files?

  You have (again) some massive unspoken assumptions behind your message.  We can't read your mind.  We don't know *why* you're doing things.  You're not explaining yourself.

  This is why people get mad at me.  I ask them to explain *clearly* what they're doing, and they refuse.  Then, they get upset when I point out I can't help them without a clear explanation.