FreeRadius 3 OpenLDAP and MAC based Auth

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 8 15:23:55 CET 2019

On Jan 8, 2019, at 5:12 AM, Jürgen Northe <jn at northe-online.de> wrote:

> I have to admit that I have not read the instructions on how to create a bug report completely because I do not have seen such structured requirements ever before. That makes sense, of course! Excuse me. I'll do better - I promise!

  It helps to read the documentation and to follow instructions.

  As Nathan noted, you've copied the v2 config to v3, and magically expect it to work.  Even worse, you're *still* doing this after being told EXPLICITELY to not do that.

  Throw away your entire configuration.  Now.  And start with the default v3 configuration.

  Then, make SMALL changes.  Take ONE thing from the v2 config.  READ THE UPGRADE GUIDE to see how to convert it to v3.  READ THE COMMENTS IN THE V3 CONFIG to see what it does.  THINK ABOUT IT.  Make ONE small change, and TEST IT.

  The documentation explains this process in detail.

  When you make massive changes to the configuration, you're wasting your time, and ours.  The v2 configuration DOES NOT WORK IN v3.  It's that simple.  Despite being told this, you're still copying the v2 config to v3.  Why?

  Stop doing things wrong, and follow the instructions you're given on this list, and in the documentation.  It's that simple