sqlcounter does not work

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 10 13:03:16 CET 2019

On Jan 10, 2019, at 12:36 AM, Philemon Jaomalaza <philemon.jaomalaza at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still have issues on sqlcounter both time counter or data counter using sql , when a user with Max-Daily-Session login, after the time allowed, the user was disconnected but it can reconnect again on the same day.
>
> I see this on debug mode on first login and when the user re-login again :
> (0) dailycounter: No integer found in result string "".  May be first session, setting counter to 0
> (0) dailycounter: Allowing user, &control: Max-Daily-Session value (1048576) is greater than counter value (0)
> (0) dailycounter: Setting &reply: Session-Timeout value to 600
> (0)     [dailycounter] = ok

  If only you could post the *full* debug log, so we could see what's going wrong...

> It does not find the time already used and it set the counter to 0 then the user has again the alowed time. Where is my issues ?

  Since you helpfully didn't post any useful information, we don't really know.

  Is the server receiving accounting packets?  If not, that would explain it.  The server has *no idea* how long a user is online, unless the NAS *tells it*.

  This isn't a magic way for the server to know what's going on at the NAS.  The NAS has to tell it.

> Someone can help me? Say me if I need to post here the full debug

  ALL of the documentation says to post this.  Just... follow the documentation.