Free Radius + Google Authenticator + MS AD, authentication issue

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Fri Jan 11 06:51:20 CET 2019

Hi,

> On 11/01/2019, at 8:13 AM, yaya li <yayali2003 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm setting up Free Radius + Google Authenticator + MS AD for our VPN access, it's working with ad account password + token, but it also authenticates with token only. Did I miss any configuration or where should I look into. Below is our current radiusd file config. any comments are appreciated.
>
> # /etc/pam.d/radiusd - PAM configuration for FreeRADIUS
> #
>
> # We fall back to the system default in /etc/pam.d/common-*
> #
>
> #@include common-auth
> #@include common-account
> #@include common-password
> #@include common-session
> auth requisite /usr/local/lib/security/pam_google_authenticator.so forward_pass

This is PAM configuration. PAM is a seperate system. FreeRADIUS can use PAM to authenticate users, however, configuring PAM isn’t part of FreeRADIUS.

This PAM configuration is *only* checking the pam_google_authenticator module. It isn’t checking any other modules, such as AD.

Perhaps you have configured FreeRADIUS to check AD, and PAM, and accept either rather than requiring both?

Nathan Ward