Help: On setting up freeradius proxy server on v 3.17

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 16 20:40:16 CET 2019

On Jan 16, 2019, at 10:42 AM, shivu prasad <shivaprasad2452 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to set up the proxy server for load-balance, Here It was trying
> Creating 1 radius as proxy server with below proxy
> configuration(proxy.config).

  That's not at all clear.  For one, we don't need to see the whole config.  99% of it is just taken from the defaults, which we've already seen.

  For a load balancer, you need:

client -> load balancer -> home server 1
                                    -> home server 2

* client has to have "load balancer" listed as the RADIUS server (IP, secret)
* load balancer has to have "client" listed in clients.conf (for each client)
* load balancer needs to have "home server 1" and "2" listed as home_server in proxy.conf
* "home server 1 / 2" need to have "load balancer" listed in clients.conf

  Go through each bit step by step, and it will work.

> *the request is going to server01 with below error *
>
> *Ignoring request to auth address * port 1812 bound to server default from
> unknown client 10.X.Y.Z port 21473 proto udp*

  The client is unknown.  That's simple enough.

> I thought we may need to add the client entry and added the proxy server as
> client in home_server = server01 my creating entry in client.config

  I'm not sure what that means...

  The debug log shows that the home server isn't responding to the load balancer.  Likely because you didn't add the load balancer as a client in the home server configuration.