SQLite sql: ERROR: Hit reconnection limit

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 18 04:42:27 CET 2019

On Jan 17, 2019, at 10:32 PM, Carlito Nueno <carlitonueno at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running FreeRadius in a docker container and am sharing radius.db file
> from the host (outside the container) with FreeRadius inside the container.
> The database file is located and accessed by FreeRadius from
> "/opt/db/radius.db". I am also trying to use tunnel-password.

  sqlite is an embedded database.  It can only have one writer at a time.

  If you want multiple writers to the same SQL database, use a database which supports multiple writers.

> (0) sql: ERROR: Hit reconnection limit

  That error is from FreeRADIUS.  It tries multiple times to write the data to SQL.  If FreeRADIUS can't connect to the SQL database after multiple retries, it prints that message.

  Use a database that supports multiple writers.  Or, if you need to use sqlite, ensure that only FreeRADIUS is using the DB.