NTLMv1 security issue

Roberto Ricci robertoricci1 at msn.com
Mon Jan 21 13:59:03 CET 2019

Thank you for your help Alan.
What I’m trying to achieve is to let people connect to the WIFI network with credentials stored in our AD. The new SAMBA server for “public” access is a good idea and seems to be the only way to achieve my goal in a reasonable secure and clean way. Can you confirm this last sentence? Is this the only way to do WIFI access with AD in a secure and clean way? Are there other possibilities to do this? I read about TTLS/PAP and EAP-TLS but I know that there are compatibility problems with some devices (e.g. Windows not supporting natively and iOS incompatibilities).
Thank you for your attention.

Best regards