Alternative for rlm_attr_filter for filtering vsa

Thor Spruyt thor.spruyt at telenet.be
Tue Jan 22 15:44:40 CET 2019

Hi list,

In the past, I used rlm_attr_filter to only allow listed attributes to be sent to a home server.
This worked for both RFC and VSA attributes.

Based on the changelog, the functionality of rlm_attr_filter changed as of version 3.0.2:

FreeRADIUS 3.0.2 Fri 21 Mar 2014 08:30:00 EDT urgency=medium
  Feature improvements
  * Prevent vendor attributes and RFC space attributes from clashing
    in rlm_attr_filter.

If I understand correctly, it is no longer possible to match a specific VSA.
And I can't seem to figure out how to do that with unlang or any other module.

So is there any way to remove all attributes except for a list of allowed attributes (both RFC and VSA)?

Kind regards,
Thor