Freeradius error

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Tue Jul 2 17:31:19 CEST 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-02 at 11:22 -0400, Franny Lim via Freeradius-Users
wrote:

> If I change the IP below to the web server will that work?

You were given the command to run to fix the problem. What has a web
server got to do it?

To be frank, it looks like you really need to go and learn how to do
systems administration first, and then come back and look at running a
RADIUS server. If you've not got a grasp on starting and stopping
processes, then this is going to be really difficult for you (as well
as for us).

> radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
> listen {
>        type = "auth"
>        ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
>        port = 18120
> Failed binding to auth address 127.0.0.1 port 18120 bound to server
> inner-tunnel: Address already in use
> /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[33]: Error binding to
> port for 127.0.0.1 port 18120

As Paul said - stop the FreeRADIUS server process that's already
running in the background, and then you'll be able to start a new one
up again.

--
Matthew