Freeradius Dhcp and Tftp Pxe.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 5 07:58:01 CEST 2019

On Jul 5, 2019, at 1:18 AM, CpServiceSPb . <cpservicespb at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Freeradius 3.0.19 acting as AAA and Dhcp, there is also atftpd with
> iPXE bootloader for PXE booting.
>
> Such clients are defined by %{string:&DHCP-Vendor-Class-Identifier} and
> should get address from IP Pool from flat text file.
> Other clients (for example Windows) receive IP successfuly.
> But PXE clients don' t get IP at all.
> Why ?

  The debug log will tell you.  That's why ALL of the documentation says to run the server in debugging mode.  This isn't difficult.  Read the documentation, and follow the instructions.

> If address assignment is set up via static mac-ip bindings (mac2ip file) IP
> is assigned but boot file undionly.pxe is not found.
> Because Freeradius adds "M-^?" (in ASCII without quotes) or in 0x4d2d5e3fff
> between file name undionly.pxe and trailing zero.
> Why ?

  Since you're giving us zero information, we can't say.

> And how do it correct ?

  Read the documentation, and follow instructions:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

http://wiki.freeradius.org/radiusd-X