Freeradius error

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 20:56:03 CEST 2019

hi,

>                 client private-network-1 {
>                         ipaddr = 35.21.xx.xx/24
>                         secret = testing123

okay

> Sat Jul  6 15:19:49 2019 : Error: Ignoring request to auth address * port 1812 bound to server default from
>  unknown client 35.21.xx.xx port 37615 proto udp

right. so, in this xx.xx (please dont use that, use eg xx.yy

is the first xx of that the same?  if so, then it is a /24 - if not,
and that first value can change, then its not a /24 but something with
a large subnect mask
(I cannot assume its a /16 - the xx range might only be eg 4 bits or
so - either way, if the xx value of the client isnt the same as the xx
in your clients.conf
then a /24 wont match it - hence you see that error,

alan