Proxy issue - Failing proxied request for user error

James Wood james.wood at purplewifi.com
Tue Jul 16 23:53:56 CEST 2019

Hi Alister

I initially thought it was the sql module as we write accounting updates to
SQL, but I disabled that for a while and still the same. So, moving
forward, I decided to rule out the master server and just test by sending
traffic direct to the public IP of the home server directly.

I ran a tcpdump against a customer IP sending us accounting packets. When
reviewing in Wireshark I can see a (small) percentage of packets that do
not show any Accounting-Response reply, and then a few seconds later the
NAS re-sends and then we reply as expected. So something on the home server
itself is not right, it seems to 'miss' incoming packets.

I ran the server in debug mode at the same time as the capture and the
first packet did not even show up at all, as if the server never received
it. But, the packet was received by the server as per the wireshark capture
file.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks