Proxy issue - Failing proxied request for user error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 17 12:34:38 CEST 2019

On Jul 16, 2019, at 6:06 PM, James Wood <james.wood at purplewifi.com> wrote:

> And using the radmin stats debug command I can see 8645 dropped in the last
> few hours, but of course the issue is why :/

  Because they're duplicates>

> radmin> stats client acct
> requests        221292
> dup             8465
> dropped         8465

  When the server doesn't respond to a packet, the NAS retransmits it.  If the server is still processing the original packet, the duplicate will be marked as "dup", and then "dropped".

  FreeRADIUS can handle many 10's of 1000's of packets/s.  So if it's slow, it's almost always a database.