Freeradius 3.0.17 seems to have deadlocked on me.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jul 21 21:13:05 CEST 2019

On Jul 21, 2019, at 2:40 PM, Matthew Schumacher <matt.s at aptalaska.net> wrote:

> Thanks for that.  I am using postgresql, and I am doing a bit of math on some of the queries and my dataset is getting bigger, so it's an issue (though I'm working on putting in timescaledb which will partition up my data and make this not suck), but I need it to not deadlock the entire server until I can get that done.
>
> I'm already using query_timeout = 5,

  The issue is that query_timeout was being ignored, due to limitations in the PostgreSQL API.  Terry's patches make it use an async API, which allows us to manually implement the timeout.

> so if I put in Terry's patch, it should help.  Is this the one you are referring to?
>
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/a0c4581d5ba3878637e2d48964b88845cbabb144

  That's only the final one.  You'll need to pull over all of them.

  The v3.0.x branch should be stable.  We're only making minor changes to it at this point.