No subject

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 24 03:01:50 CEST 2019

On Jul 23, 2019, at 8:49 PM, Yuya Yanagi <peacefull64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The customer was informed about Alan's answer.
>
> I understand the contents of RFC 7542, but I am aware of the risk, and
> the request is for the outside user name to be written in the log by
> the user name instead of [anonymous].
> We will ask two questions to see if it is feasible.
>
> 1. Is it impossible to modify the freeradius OSS itself?

  You're free to edit the FreeRADIUS source code.  However, many unusual changes will not be accepted back, because we have strong opinions about how things should work.

> 2. Is there a way to do this with commands or settings?

  Sure.  Edit the User-Name attribute in the "post-auth" section.

  This is done in the default configuration.  See sites-available/default, the "post-auth" section.  You may need to install 3.0.19 to get the most recent policies.